(as of Jan 10,2021 08:38:55 UTC – Details)
The Lew’s Speed Spool model BB1 introduced anglers to several baitcast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging levelwind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance and comfort. The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew’s BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of the Lew’s brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer – the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcast series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.
- One-piece die-cast aluminum frame
- Machined forged aluminum, double anodized, U-shaped large capacity spool
- Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and multi-stop anti-reverse (BB1 and BB1L models)
- Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-Reverse anti-reverse (BB1HZ, BB1SHZ, BB1HZL, BB1SHZL)
- Positive on/off Smart Plus Six Pin centrifugal braking system.
- Double anodized aluminum spool tension knob with audible click
- Carbon composite aluminum star drag system with 14-lbs. of drag power
- Bowed 95MM aluminum cranking handle with Lew’s custom SoftTouch contoured paddle handle knob
- Oversized titanium line guide positioned further away from the spool to minimize line friction and maximize casting performance
- Quick release sideplate mechanism provides easy access to centrifugal brake system
- External lube port
Machined forged aluminum, double anodized, u-shaped large capacity spool
Premium 10-bearing System with double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-Reverse Anti-Reverse